- 2 Feb 2018: Congrats Danyka for winning best graduate poster at World Wetlands Day!
- 2 Jan 2018: Welcome to our Winter 2018 coop students Linea and Chloe!
- 11 Dec 2017: Kim and Nandita head to New Orleans for the AGU Fall meeting! Check out their abstracts here!
- 2 Dec 2017: The Basu Lab competes for the best gingerbread houses! Who do you think had the best one?
- 22 Nov 2017: Team Prosperous Phosphorus edges out the Notorious Nitrogens at the escape room duel by five minutes. Find out who's the limiting nutrient next time!
- 27 Oct 2017: Check out our pictures from our Halloween group meeting!
- 24 Oct 2017: Our Youtube channel is up!
- 11 Sept 2017: Good job Sara and Tejasvi on your talks about urban irrigation and sociohydrology of India at the Water Research Conference!
- 8 Sept 2017: Congrats Sara for passing your comprehensive exams!
- 5 Sept 2017: Welcome to Danyka, Joy, and Guy! We're excited to have you join our lab!
- 15 Aug 2017: Kim and Nandita go global! They chaired a session on nutrient cycles in the anthropocene (Session 11g) at the Goldschmidt geochemical conference in Paris.
- 26 June 2017: Fred published his first paper on small water bodies as biogeochemical hotspots in the landscape! Read the paper here.
- 25 June 2017: Fred and Nandita heads off to Lewiston, Maine for the Gordon Research Conference on Catchment Sciences.
- June 2017: Kickoff meetings abound for our SPG and LEAP projects at the GRCA in Cambridge with our stakeholders as well as in Coimbra, Portugal with our international partners. Find out more at the project pages.
- 14 June 2017: A well deserved W.B. Pearson Medal goes to Kim in recognition of creative research in a PhD thesis from the Faculty of Science.
- 8 June 2017: The Lake Futures project has been funded! As the PI, Nandita will be looking at how to enhance the adaptive capacity and resilience of lakes and their watersheds. This project is part of the larger Global Water Futures project - more information can be found about Lake Futures can be found here. We are also looking for students and postdocs!
- 30 May 2017: Idhaya gives a talk about modelling nitrogen legacies in the landscape with SWAT at CGU in Vancouver.
- 17-18 May 2017: Kim and Nandita chaired a session at IAGLR 2017 titled "Nutrient sources, transport and retention across scales: measurement, modeling and management" in Detroit filled with two days of great talks.
- 1 May 2017: Welcome to the research group Alex! We're excited to have you start here as a grad student!
- 13 April 2017: Good job Fred for completing your MASc seminar!
- 12 April 2017: Congrats Tejasvi for passing your PhD comprehensive exam!
- 6 April 2017: Our nutrient legacies research is going global with the funding for LEAP! See the news release from the Water Institute here and available positions for the project.
- 17 March 2017: Congrats Sara and Fred for receiving the three year NSERC Doctoral Awards!!
- 2 February 2017: Happy World Wetlands Day! Fred joins a group of fun speakers and talked about the importance of size on nutrient cycles in wetlands.
- 23 January 2017: Welcome to visiting researcher Yan Liu from the University of Tuebingen, Germany.
- 12-16 December 2016: Great showing by our research group at the 2016 AGU Fall meeting! A busy week with two invited talks, two other talks, two pop-up sessions and a poster!
- 1 December 2016: Congrats to Kim for publishing "Two Centuries of Nitrogen Dynamics" in Global Biogeochemical Cycles. Read it at GBC!
- 8 November 2016: Nandita and Kim joins the Water Institute delegation to the University of Bordeaux to strengthen and explore areas of collaboration and research directions.
- 12 September 2016: Congratulations Kim for successfully defending your PhD thesis "The Nitrogen Legacy: Understanding Time Lags in Catchment Response as a Function of Hydrologic and Biogeochemical Controls". Onwards to great and even more exciting things!
- September 2016: Congrats also to Xaioyi for successfully defending her MS thesis "Spatio-Temporal Patterns in Net Anthropogenic Nitrogen and Phosphorus Inputs Across the Grand River Watershed!
- 29 July 2016: Congrats to Tejasvi who got first runner-up for Best Presenter at the WatIF conference at Queen's University, Hamilton!
- 7 July 2016: New paper by Kim and Mike on the sociohydrologic dynamics of rainwater harvesting tanks published in HESS. Read it here!
- 30 June 2016: Good luck Kim at Goldschmidt 2016 in Yokohama , Japan for your invited talk on long-term N legacies in the Mississippi and Susquehanna!
- 7-10 June 2016: Great times were had at IAGLR 2016 with presentations by Kim (biogeochemical regimes in CQ relationships), Idhaya (modelling time lags using SWAT) and Nandita (nutrient time lags in the Grand River Watershed) at the University of Guelph. Click here for more details and abstracts.
- 28 April 2016: Great attendance at the uWaterloo Water Institute Research Symposium for Nandita's talk on nitrogen legacies in the plenary and for our research team's posters! Details>>
- 19 April 2016: Nandita invited to speak on "The impacts of tile drainage on landscape quantity and quality" at the National Academy of Sciences in Washington, DC.
- 13 April 2016: Great job Mike at your MASc thesis seminar on the socio-ecohydrology of rainwater harvesting in India
- 3 April 2016: Congratulations to Fred for receiving a NSERC Canada Graduate Scholarship (Masters)!
- 22 March 2016: Congrats to Tejasvi for winning the poster contest at UW & WLU's World Water Day in the Water Policy, Management & Governance category!
- 15 March 2016: New paper published on nitrogen legacies in anthropogenic landscapes in Environmental Research Letters. Congrats Kim! Read it here.
- 11 March 2016: Good luck to Tejasvi and Fred at the Civil and Environmental Engineering 3-Minute Thesis contest!
- March 2016: New website launched!